Pages

Sunday 6 November 2011

We went to the forest.



The thing about loops is, I can tell when we're in them, cause I hear them. I hear a grizzly, inhuman voice, and a child's voice. I've learned to block them out.



We had been walking through that forest for fucking hours before we got a glimpse of blonde hair in the brush. Spencer said follow. Hope had taken heart, and we chased after, expecting a kid. I was expecting a face I've never laid eyes on before. We had caught up with him.



And he had words for us.



"... oh? So the Couriers finally get off their thrones in order to get involved?" A sick, fucking depraved laugh. "Took you long enough, granted, you never were the type to jump to action for others, were you, Fitzgerald~?"



Fucking Harper. The childish, juvenile, imbecilic, callow little titsucker that was one of ours. The guy who we thought we had left for dead. Sam had no idea who he was, and Spencer and I were both speechless.



His rant faded out in my mind, and I was enveloped in a stupor, because what happened in the past should have stayed in the past.



Without thinking, my hand went for my gun. As I raised it to aim, I could see in my peripheral, a face. Although, it wasn't really in my peripheral, it was as if it was actually in the corner of my eye. I moved, it moved. I pointed my gun towards it, and it became clear to me that this thing had sharp, pointed teeth. My fingers wrapped the trigger and I squeezed my entire hand.



Then I was staring into the sun. A flash of red appeared before my eyes, and it was so bright it burned. I closed my eyes, and when I opened it again, we weren't in the forest anymore. We were standing in front of it. The voices stopped. We were just back on earth.



Spencer wasn't too happy.



We can't go back. There's no saving them. They're trapped.



All because I was fucking trigger happy.



god, grant him the serenity to accept the things he cannot change,

courage to change the things he can,

and wisdom to know the difference.

11 comments:

  1. ... it wasn't your fault, what happened in there.
    Trust me on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... There's got to still be something we can do. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isn't right.

    There's always a way. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, just stick a prayer in at the end. That will fix everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you hadn't shot then they might have not been the only ones lost in there

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you know Ben, they could be living on a prayer. They're halfway there...

    I don't know where I'm going with this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ben and Ray, I didn't even notice the prayer.

    Little bastard's been sneaking himself into my posts.

    If you'll excuse me, I have to go give me a scolding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have fun with it. Make sure to tell yourself never to do that again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had quite a bit of fun Todd~
    Be sure to punch Spencer for... oh one of us is sure he deserves it for something

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done, Todd. You've come far in that organisation.

    ReplyDelete